In the vast world of premium credit cards, many wonder how to apply Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, a coveted gem in the wallet of rewards enthusiasts. This card is not only a symbol of prestige, but also a gateway to a myriad of benefits and exclusive offers.
Among the many cards available on the market, what makes the Chase Sapphire Preferred so special? Maybe it’s its unique combination of reward points, travel perks, or simply its sleek design. If you are looking for a reliable partner for your financial adventures, come and explore the universe of possibilities that Chase Sapphire Preferred has to offer.
How to apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred Card?
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a credit card that offers many benefits and rewards to its users. You can order the card directly on the Chase website. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the card:
- Go to the Chase website;
- Click “Sign in to apply faster” to log in to your Chase account or “Apply as a guest” to request the card as a guest;
- Fill in the form with your personal and financial information;
- Review the terms and conditions and click “Submit” to submit your request.
Waiting time for approval
Generally, after submitting the application online, many applicants receive an almost immediate response. However, in some cases, when the credit analysis requires a more detailed investigation, it can take up to 7 to 10 business days.
How to unlock the card
Did you get your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card in the mail? Congratulations! It’s time to take the next step and unlock it, thus granting access to a universe of benefits and rewards. Let’s guide you through this simple process.
- Prepare Your Information: Before you begin, have your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and the personal information provided during the application ready;
- Access the Chase Website or App: Enter the official Chase website or download the “Chase Mobile” application on your smartphone;
- Login to your Account: Use your credentials to access your account. If you are a new user, you will need to register;
- Navigate to the “My Cards” Section: Here you will find an overview of your Chase credit cards;
- Select “Unlock Card”: When you find the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, click on the option to unlock it;
- Enter the Requested Information: It may be necessary to confirm some card details, such as the number, expiration date and CVV code;
- Confirm Unlock: After entering the information, confirm the action. A notification or message will confirm that your card has been successfully unlocked;
- Start Using: With the card unlocked, you can start shopping and enjoy all the advantages it offers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Benefits
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers many benefits and rewards to its users. Here are some of the benefits of the card:
- Access to exclusive events;
- Sign-up bonus;
- High point earning rate;
- Free DoorDash deliveries;
- Pay yourself back;
- Fraud protection and advanced security;
- Bonus points on trips and dinners;
- 5x points on Lyft rides;
- Travel redemption;
- No international transaction fees;
- Premium customer service;
- Point transfer;
What are the card fees?
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has some fees associated with its use. Here are some of the card fees:
- Annual Fee : The card has an annual fee of $95.
- Balance Transfer Fee : The balance transfer fee is $5 or 5% of the value of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance Fee : The cash advance fee is $10 or 5% of the value of each transaction, whichever is greater;
- Late Payment Fee : The late payment fee can be up to $40.
Do you have a points program?
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has a robust and highly valued points program known as Chase Ultimate Rewards. With it, you can earn points on travel and dining purchases, plus bonus points on Lyft rides and free DoorDash deliveries.
Points can be redeemed for travel through the Chase travel portal, where they are worth 25% more, or transferred to travel partners. You can also redeem your points for invoice credit in certain rotating categories or for gift cards.
How to check your card statement
Inquiring your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card statement is a simple process, especially with the digital tools that Chase offers. Here’s a basic step-by-step guide to help cardholders check their bill:
Through the online platform:
- Go to Chase’s official website (chase.com).
- In the upper right corner, click on “Log In” or “Sign In”.
- Enter your credentials (username and password) to access your account.
- Once logged in, navigate to the “My Accounts” or “My Credit Cards” section.
- Select your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card from the list.
- Here, you will see a summary of your account. For details, click “View Statement” or “View Current Activity”.
- Download and install the “Chase Mobile” application on your smartphone, available for Android and iOS.
- Log in with your credentials.
- From the home screen, tap your Chase Sapphire Preferred account.
- Tap “Statements” or “View Current Activity” to view your invoice details.
- If you have chosen to receive physical invoices, Chase will send your monthly invoice to the address on file.
- Please review the submitted document for complete details of your invoice.
Through Customer Service:
If you prefer or have problems with the online options, you can call Chase’s customer service number, usually printed on the back of your card.
Through Chase ATMs:
Some Chase ATMs allow customers to access account details and invoices. Insert your card, follow the instructions on the screen and look for the option related to the invoice or balance inquiry.
How to apply for a duplicate card
To apply for a duplicate Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you can access your online account on the Chase website. There, you can manage your account and request a duplicate card. If you experience difficulties, you can also contact Chase customer service to request a duplicate card.
You can contact Chase Customer Service for assistance with your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. To clarify any type of doubt, interested parties may choose one of the following channels:
- Call Center : 1-800-935-9935;
- Official Website: Visit Chase’s official website. The “Contact Us” or “Customer Service” section usually has phone numbers and other contact information;
- Branches: If you are near a Chase bank branch, you can visit and get assistance in person;
- App: If you have the Chase Mobile app installed on your smartphone, there is usually a contact or customer service option within the app.